Apply for HSE Image

Apply for HSE

Share/Print Page:


The Health Services Executive™ Grandfathering Exam Waiver/Discount period has ended. For any additional application questions regarding the HSE, please email

To begin your HSE Application, CLICK HERE. You will need to create a NAB member account prior to accessing the NABVerify system. Please note you do not need to have a paid membership in NAB to submit an HSE™ application.

NABVerify HSE HandbookOn November 6, 2017, the NABVerify Handbook launched. This handbook outlines all information applicants need to know as they begin the process of obtaining their Health Services Executive ™ qualification through NAB. From understanding just what the HSE is to detailed instructions on how to complete the application process, this handbook has it all!

For information on beginning your HSE application, please download a copy of  How to Apply for the HSE to get started.

Below are some important items to note prior to starting your HSE application:

NAB must receive an official transcript from your college/university verifying that you have obtained a bachelor's degree or higher. Transcripts can be emailed to or mailed to the following address:

                                The National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
                                                Attn: Health Services Executive Transcript
                                                        1120 20th Street, NW Suite 750
                                                           Washington, DC 20036-7441

  • All work experience must be verified prior to your application being sent to NAB's Credentialing Commission for final review for exam approval or grandfathering request review. A verification of work email will be sent directly upon entry of information. In order to expedite this process, please communicate that this will be sent and if they do not receive it, ask them to contact NAB at to have the verification resent.
  • NAB must have an official score report of previous exams taken (NHA, RCAL, or HCBS). If you took your exam prior to January 1, 2002, you will need to complete an official score transfer report to the "HSE-NAB" jurisdiction as your testing records are maintained in PSI's (NAB's official testing company) paper archives. In order to complete, please visit NAB's score transfer page.