Education Pathway to the Health Services Executive (HSE™) Designation
To qualify for the HSE Education pathway, the below criteria must be met.
For any additional questions or more information regarding the HSE Education Pathway, please email NAB at email@example.com.
- Official transcript (Bachelor’s degree or higher) from an HSE-Accredited college or university.
- Passing score on the Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) Line of Service (LOS) exam and the Core of Knowledge exams.***
- Successful passing of additional national 50 item Resident Care/Assisted Living (RCAL) and Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) exam(s) LOS not previously completed successfully.
- Review within the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) and finding no disqualifying actions. (applicants will need to completed a self-query to the NPDB and submit this report to NAB).
- Verification of the completion of a 1,000 hour Administrator in Training (AIT) program (if not completed through your university academic program).
- Online HSE™ Application completed and submitted through NABVerify.
*** While the NHA exam does not have to be successfully passed prior to applying for the HSE, the qualification will not be awarded until this exam is successfully completed. Please keep in mind that should you still need to take your NHA and/or your CORE exam(s), please apply and select your state/jurisdiction for approval. NAB does not approve candidate for these exams.
Please Note! Graduates of those universities who were previously NHA accredited by NAB (as denoted with *** on the listing of accredited universities) may apply using the Education Pathway if they graduated within the last three years of the HSE accreditation date of the university. Graduates from newly HSE accredited universities can apply through the Education Pathway if their graduation date is after the original HSE accreditation date.
Students who graduate from an HSE accredited program are eligible for a onetime 15% ($25) discount on the RCAL & HCBS exams, to be used within 6 months of their graduation date when applying via the Education Pathway. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.