HSE Education Pathway
HSE Accredited Universities
The following universities are HSE-Accredited by the NAB. Graduates of these universities with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in long term care administration from one of these entities may apply for the HSE™ through the Education pathway.
|Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio
Nancy A. Orel, Ph.D., LPC
|Eastern Washington University
Mary Keogh Hoss, PhD, CTRS, FACHE, FDRT
|Ohio UniversityAthens, OHJeffrey Trace, Lecturer|
|University of Minnesota-CrookstonCrookston, MNSusan Klassen, MBA, RN, LNHA, HSE|
|University of Scranton Scranton, PA Robert J. Spinelli, MBA, MHA, DBA|
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, Ph.D., MPH
HSE Education Pathway Criteria
To qualify for the HSE Education pathway, the below criteria must be met. For any additional questions, please email NAB at email@example.com.
- Official transcript (Bachelor’s degree or higher) from an HSE-Accredited college or university. Transcripts can be sent to NAB by mail or by email.
- Passing score on the Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) Line of Service (LOS) exam. While the NHA exam does not have to be successfully passed prior to applying for the HSE, the qualification will not be awarded until this exam is successfully completed.
PLEASE NOTE: Please apply for the NHA Line of Service exam (LOS) and CORE exam(s) through your state licensing jurisdiction. NAB does not approve candidates for these exams.
- Successful passing of additional 50 item Resident Care/Assisted Living (RCAL) and Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) exam(s) LOS not previously completed successfully.
- Review within the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) and finding no disqualifying actions. (applicants will need to completed a self-query to the NPDB and submit this report to NAB)
- Verification of the completion of a 1,000 hour Administrator in Training (AIT) program (if not completed through your university academic program).
- Online HSE application completed and submitted through NABVerify.